A page in Moodle is essentially a web-page that allows an editor to display various content and multimedia such as plain text, images, audio, video, embedded code or a combination of all these.
TIP: Advantages of using the 'Page' resource rather than uploading a 'File' include the resource being more accessible (for example to users of mobile devices) and easier to update.
1. Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the Section/Topic where you want the link to the Page to be.
2. Choose 'Page' from the list of 'Resources' and click the 'Add' button.
3. Give the Page a 'Name' and a description if you wish.
TIP: By ticking the box under the Description editing box, you can display the Description on the main course page under the link to the individual Page if you wish.
3. Create your 'Page' contents in the 'Page content' box, this can include text, images and embedded content such as YouTube. Notice you can switch to HTML to paste embed codes using the icon.
TIP: Use any number of pre-defined templates to add a bit of colour and improve the appearance of a page. A number of templates are available by clicking on theicon.
TIP: For large amounts of content, it's recommended that a book is used rather than a page.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and Click 'Save and display' to view the folder or 'Save and return to course'.
For more advanced guidance on Adding and using a Page, see:
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges