When new course spaces are created in Moodle they are automatically hidden from students. ‘Course Leader’ and any other participants with teacher roles are still able to view, access and build content on the Moodle course space.
There will be a red banner visible at the top of the Moodle course space to flag that the course is currently hidden from students.
To make your Moodle course space visible to students:
1. Click the ‘Edit settings’ link situated within the banner at the top of your Moodle course space.
2. You will be taken to ‘Edit course settings’ page. Scroll down to ‘Course visibility’ and select ‘Show’ using the drop down menu to the left of this setting.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click ‘Save and display’. Your course will now be visible to students and all other participants on your Moodle course space.
Note: To hide your Moodle course space from students, follow all the steps within this guide but simply select ‘Show’ under ‘Course visibility’ at step 2.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges