A 'Folder' enables an editor (course leader, editing teacher etc) to display a number of related files inside a single folder, reducing scrolling on the course page.
A 'folder' may be used:
- For a series of files on one topic, for example a set of past examination papers in pdf format or a collection of image files for use in student projects.
- To provide a shared uploading space for teachers on the course page (keeping the folder hidden so that only teachers can see it).
1. Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the Section/Topic where you want the 'Folder' to be.
2. Choose 'Folder' from the list of 'Resources' and click the 'Add' button.
3. Type the Folder 'Name' and a 'Description' if you would like to.
4. Drag and drop any number of Files from your computer into the 'Files' box under 'Contents'.
TIP: Notice you can choose to show a 'Download folder' button, or not in the 'folder settings'.
5. If you would like to change the name of any of the drag and dropped files, Click 'Edit'.
6. Click on a 'File' and type a new Name in the box, then Click 'Update'.
7. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and Click 'Save and display' to view the folder or 'Save and return to course'.
For more advanced guidance on Adding a Folder to Moodle please see:
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system