http: to https:
Content embedded on to Moodle with a http: url is not displaying. This is caused by Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer blocking http: content as it is insecure. For example a YouTube video added to Moodle using an embed code with a http: url like the following:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vVpPxCPoWMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
http error example
So far we have encountered issues with embedded YouTube videos and Prezi presentations. Videos added to Moodle using the eStream embed code generated from eStream may also be affected.
Permanent fix - edit the embed code and replace http: with https:
Participants First name/Surname not Displayed
In the Participants list, the first name and surname column is not displaying correctly so no participant names are visible.
Hover over the participants picture to see their first name and surname.
eStream Full Screen in Internet Explorer - resolved
This issue has been resolved and all videos should work as expected in all browsers.
When viewing eStream content in Internet Explorer the button to make the content full screen does not work.
Use a different browser such as Google Chrome
Moodle Quiz Deletion Error
When deleting a quiz an error message is shown and it appears the quiz has not been deleted.
Once the quiz has been deleted and the error message shown, refresh the page and the quiz will be removed.
The shortcuts at the bottom of Moodle are difficult to read as the white text does not contrast enough against the grey background.
Manage Badges Icons
The icons on the manage badges page are overlapping and difficult to use.
Activity Navigation is not compatible with our theme. This is a known issue impacting many custom themes.
If using the following settings:
Course layout: Show one section per page - Grey out unavailable: YES
If you hide or restrict access to SECTION 1 - all of the sections and content 'disappear' from under the grid when editing is turned on, ALL grid links become inactive, as does the 'Add an Activity or resource' link.
Change grey out unavailable to no which is the default anyway.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Assignment submission types
- Assignment settings
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system