Designing your Moodle space with accessibility in mind benefits everyone.
What are sections?
Moodle spaces can be structured using sections, also referred to as topics, to organise your resources and activities. A well structured and consistent approach to sections will help all participants find the information they need.
For each section, provide a short title that describes the resources and activities participants will find. It should be unique and distinguishes it from other sections.
How sections display, will depend on your choice of course format. Our accessible course formats guide details the most accessible formats and how to
How should sections be organised?
You can organise your sections in whatever way is most appropriate for your teaching and participants as long as it's clear and consistent. For example, you could organise your sections by
- Type of resources and activities (e.g. lectures, seminars, assessment)
- Use section descriptions to describe what is available in each section particularly when organising your content by theme.
How to use informative and unique sections
Moodle allows you to edit your section names and add a summary which is displayed on the Moodle space.
Use names that are informative and unique which clearly describe what the section will contain.
- Add a section summary to increase the descriptive information available.
- Be consistent.
- Use the same naming conventions throughout.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle