Activity completion allows users with appropriate rights to set completion criteria to activities and resources. This allows students and teachers to track progress through a course with an easy to see checklist.
Activity completion must be enabled for the Moodle space and the appropriate activities.
Mark activity completion manually - students
Students can manually mark an activity complete by clicking on the checkbox on the right hand side of an activity or resource once completed. Activity completion must have been enabled for the checkbox to be visible.
If you cannot manually check the completion box, the activity will have one or more criteria which will need to be met for the box to be automatically checked.
Mark activity completion manually - teachers
Once you have added completion tracking to all of the activities and resources that you want to include in your activity completion report, users with appropriate rights can access the completion report.
- Click on the gear icon and choose 'More'.
- Click on 'Activity completion' in the 'Reports' section.
- Tick activity completion box(es) for student(s), or indeed un-tick completion as and when required. The checkbox will turn red if an override has been applied.
Please also see the visual reference to completion checkboxes guide.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Enable Warwick Guest Access
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Grant extensions for assessments in Moodle
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- eStream mobile app
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle