PowerPoint includes an in-built feature for adding audio narration to a PowerPoint presentation. In order to record narration, you must have a computer with a microphone and speakers, or a separate headset which you can plug in.
Narrate a PowerPoint
You can either record a slide show or insert audio to narrate a PowerPoint presentiation. Once narration has been added to the PowerPoint it can be exported/saved as a video file (.wmv or .mp4) and uploaded to your preferred streaming platform for transcription and sharing with students via Moodle.
- Follow the Microsoft guide, to either
- Record a slide show with narration and slide timings including laser pointer and digital ink).
- Add or delete audio in your PowerPoint presentation to narrate slide by slide.
- Export (File > Export > Create a video) or save the file as a video (File > Save As > .mp4 or .wmv).
- Upload the video to Echo360 or Microsoft Stream.
- Share the videos from Echo360 or Microsoft Stream in Moodle.
PowerPoint 365 for Windows provides the option for a webcam to be recorded as part of the slide show recording. This feature is not currently available in PowerPoint 365 for Mac.
PowerPoint also includes a screen recording feature that can be used to record and incorporate screen recordings in to a narrated PowerPoint. Follow the Record your screen in PowerPoint guide.
Understand the requirements for accessible video and audio for teaching.
Echo360 and Microsoft Stream provide automated transcription and are our recommended video hosting platforms.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system