In order to move or delete a block, turn on editing via the cog icon.
Move a block
Hover the mouse pointer over the icon and you will see the pointer change to show the move icon, and an alt text popup appear with the text 'Move block name'.
Press and hold the left mouse button (or right button if you are left handed and have reconfigured your mouse), and the pointer will change to a pointer as you drag and drop the block into its new location.
As you move the block, you will see a preview of the blocks new location (1) and other blocks will automatically move (2).
Drop the block by releasing the mouse button, and the block will slot into its new space.
On the dashboard, you can move blocks from the centre to the right hand column and vice versa. This is not possible on course spaces - blocks can only be added to and moved within the right hand column.
Delete a block
Click on the block settings / edit icon and select 'Delete block name' from the list of options.
A confirmation prompt will appear, select yes and the block will be removed.
Blocks are difficult to recover. If you are not certain that you wish to delete a block permanently, use the 'Hide block name' option instead.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges