You may add a variety of different types of questions in the Quiz.
If you click on the radio button to the left hand side of each question, Moodle provides a useful outline of what each question type will allow you to do.
For example, you will notice that there are two types of Multiple Choice question.
'All-or-Nothing' and 'Multiple choice'.
As explained in the description, the question types are similar but vary in that All-or-Nothing gives students 0 or 100%, so for a multi-choice question with two correct answers, students would have to get both correct to receive the mark, where as the 'Multiple choice' question type allows more flexibility, in that you can assign percentages of the grade to each choice. This includes negative percentages.
The most popular question types, and advice to setting each up as follows:
Advice on setting up all other question types can be found, HERE.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges