Once an assignment is set up an overview of the submission can be seen by selecting the activity, either directly from the Moodle page or gradebook. This page will give you a general overview of the submission status.
Additional note: Students when viewing the activity will be able to see their personal submissions status
From this summary page selecting ‘View all submissions’ will take you to a more detailed overview of each student’s submission. This page will vary slightly depending on the specific assignment settings, however next to the grade button you will see the individual status of that student’s submission
In the Status column, next to the grade option for each assignment there are three pieces of information that can be displayed here.
- The Submission state
- No Submission
- Submitted for grading
- When overdue an overdue status will also show.
This will show the period of time that has expired since the assignment closed, and if the student is permitted to submit late this status will update to show the period that the submission was made after the assignment closed once the student submits.
- The marking state
- Not Marked
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges