The switch roles feature allows a user to switch temporarily to another role so that they can see what the course would look like to someone with that role. For example, it's easy to switch role to see what a course page looks like to a student. Once you are in student mode, you can try to open resources to check that students really have access to them.
1. Click on the arrow next to your name (top right) to see a list of options appear. Select 'Switch role to...'
2. Click the role that you would like to view your course from. For example, choose ‘Student’ and the page will appear as it does to them.
3. To return to your normal role, simply click again on the arrow next to your name and the select ‘Return to normal role.’
Tip: You will need to turn editing back on once you return to your normal role.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges