Enable Marking Workflow if you need to:
- keep grades and feedback hidden until you are ready to release them (otherwise by default they display to each student as you save them).
- state where you are up to in your grading
- coordinate multiple markers.
TIP: One advantage of using marking workflow is that the grades can be hidden from students until they are set to 'Released'.
1) To enable Marking Workflow, within the assignment settings and the 'Grade' section, turn 'Use marking workflow' to 'Yes'.
2) When you have recieved assignment submissions and are ready to mark them, click on the link to assignment from your main course page, and then click 'View all submissions'.
3) For each student submission, you will see a drop-down list in order to set the workflow state.
This can also be set on-mass. Click the tick box to the left-hand side of each student, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the drop-down box 'With selected'. Choose 'Set marking workflow state', then click 'Go'.
You can then set the workflow state for the users selected using the drop-down menu.
The phases are:
- Not marked (the marker has not yet started)
- In marking (the marker has started but not yet finished)
- Marking completed (the marker has finished but might need to go back for checking/corrections)
- In review (the marking is now with the teacher in charge for quality checking)
- Ready for release (the teacher in charge is satisfied with the marking but wait before giving students access to the marking)
- Released (the student can access the grades/feedback)
To change the status as you proceed, you can repeat the process above either individually or en masse. You do not need to work your way through each status sequentially; just use those that are relevant and those that make the marking process easier.
The information on this page relates to Moodle v3.4 and was last updated August 2018.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges