Tags allow students and teachers to connect different types of content on the site.
Tags can be added to a number of items within Moodle courses:
- Activities and resources
- Forum posts
- Database entries
- Glossary entries
- Books (teachers only)
- Quiz questions
- Wiki pages
- Blog posts
Activities and resources in a course may be tagged from their set-up screen. Turn editing on and add tags under the settings for individual activities or resources.
- Type the tag name into the drop down
- Press enter, and the tag will appear above. It can be removed by clicking on the x
- Save your activity.
Adding a tags block (aka tag cloud)
An effective way of viewing all tags is in a tags block, or a "tag cloud". One feature of tag clouds is that the larger the tag, the more items are associated with it.
- Click the "Turn editing on" button.
- Select tags from the Add blocks menu.
- If appropriate, move the tags block up and/or left, using the arrow icons under the block title.
Remember to configure the block so that it is referencing only tags in your course and not the whole system using the drop down as highlighted below.
Tags added will appear automatically in the Tags block as a word cloud.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges