TurningPoint is a Personal Response System (PRS) that is quick and easy to configure, with the ability to add questions into any existing PowerPoint presentations.
A Personal Response System (PRS), also known as Audience Response System, allows you to 'ask the audience' and get them to vote or answer questions whilst attending your lecture/presentation.
Using Turning Point in your lecture, students can respond:
- using personal laptops, smart phones or tablets and connecting to your session at https://responseware.eu or https://student.turningtechnologies.eu/#/respond with your session ID.
- using response clickers borrowed from the IT Help Desk in the Library (some departments may also have their own sets).
The benefits of using mobile devices are that lecturers are no longer reliant on the clickers and students are now able to use text in their responses. An individual account license from Turning Technologies enables up to 500 students to poll.
We recommend using personal mobile devices as University of Warwick students can be relied upon to have devices connected to wifi, as well as the skills needed to connect to your session. Clickers should be used with participants who are unlikely to have access to the University wifi network.
In both cases the presenter needs to have a Turning Technologies account associated with our license, and access to the Turning Point Cloud software. Students do not need to have personal accounts.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges