Questionmark Perception offers a rich set of features including:
- Secure or open environment for your assessments
- A single easy-to-use question and assessment authoring tool
- 20 different question types
- Streamlined publishing of assessments to the web
- Topics and folders for organising your questions and assessments
- Default assessment types for simple error free assessment set-up (e.g. survey, quiz, exam)
- Easy selection and randomisation of questions
- Instant feedback to participants at item, topic and/or assessment levels
- Feedback can include hyperlinks to learning materials and web applications
- Adaptive assessment branching based on how questions are answered
- Online viewing of results, reports and item analysis
- Export answers for custom reporting
- A WYSIWYG editor with spell checker
Benefits of using Questionmark include:
- Assessments that can be taken any time, from any Internet enabled place.
- Instantaneous feedback and marking.
- Sophisticated question types that can include images, video, audio, drag and drop etc.
- Formative learning activities that can be repeatedly used by students for revision without an additional workload on teaching staff.
- The ability to track the performance of an individual student or for a group of student.
The Questionmark Perception assessment management system enables academics to
What type of question design is available with Perception?
There are 20 different question types available in QM Perception.
How can I access the results for my students?
Browser-based reporting offers secure access to twelve report types including:-
- Coaching Report
- Item Analysis
- Test Analysis
- Question Statistic Report
- Assessment Overview Report
- Survey Report
- Score List Reports
- Transcript Report
- Grade Book Report
- Gap Report
- Export to ASCII
- Export to Excel
Is it possible to set a time limit for web based session?
Yes, you may set up a time limit for the session or leave the session available unlimited. Also, tests can be scheduled automatically (for those registered on a module) and down to the second.
Is it possible to randomise questions for the session?
Yes, Perception allows you to create a question bank and select questions randomly for each student.
Can I allow students to see the results immediately after the test?
Yes; results may be made available for students immediately after the submission of the session or may be sent to the lecturer electronically. Perception allows you to create feedback for correct and incorrect answers and gives your students the possibility of seeing it, helping their learning and understanding.
Is it possible to allocate students to the session?
Yes, students may be allocated to the session on a group basis or session may be created as 'open', so any student may have access to it.
If you have any other questions or require further information, please contact us on perception at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges