A Team is a group of people in Microsoft Teams, and a team uses Channels to have conversations with teammates. Each channel is dedicated to a specific topic, department, or project.
Best practice when adding new channels for a Team might be:
- Don’t add too many channels to your team space.
- Use clear and descriptive names.
To create a new channel:
- Click the Teams icon in the left-hand side navigation menu.
- Click the ellipsis menu icon on the right-hand side of the Team that you want to add a channel to.
- Click Add Channel.
- Give the channel a name.
- Give the channel a description (optional). Help others find the right channel by providing a clear description.
- Choose the appropriate channel privacy settings:
- standard - accessible to everyone on the team;
- private - where you can specify exactly who can access within the team.
- Click Add.
When you created a new channel, you can click on the ellipsis menu icon of the channel to access and change the channel settings.
All channels have a Posts tab i.e. for team discussions, and a Files tab. You can also add more tabs which contain apps such as Excel, Forms, OneNote and SharePoint.
Create and use private channels
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Assignment submission types
- Assignment settings
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system