Once you have an ITS Account, you are responsible for:
- Complying with regulations governing the use of University computing facilities
- Ensuring that your password complies with the University's password guidance
- Ensuring that only one person uses any one ITS Account, to ensure traceability and accountability
Looking after your account
- Guidance on keeping your ITS Account secure
- What to do if you have forgotten your password or wish to change it
- What to do if you want to change your preferred name
- What to do if you change your name or title
- Staff – what happens when you change department
- What happens to your account when you change status (of student/research/staff) at the University
- Use two-step authentication to make your account more secure
Other resources and services
You may be interested to learn more about online resources and services available to you at the University, including:
Email accounts are provided to all members of the University (staff and students) and are hosted by Microsoft's Office 365 service. This includes webmail, which you can access at webmail.warwick.ac.uk, and ‘resource accounts’ – non-personal accounts used particularly by administrators in departments and services.
The Library catalogue includes electronic journals, databases and publications.
Free IT training courses for students and staff, one-to-one training for students and staff, and new staff inductions.
Tools for University members to publish and share information online without requiring specialist skills or software.
Software for students and staff to download (subject to licensing) and applications on standard IT Services desktops.
Recording and production services, lecture capture, video and telephone conferencing, and help operating or setting up equipment.
Computer work areas for use by staff and students, including rooms for teaching purposes which staff can book.
IT Services Help Desk
You can order a service online via the Service Catalog. If you wish to report a fault, get help with an IT-related issue or ask a question, you can do so by using the online Help Desk or by telephoning 024 765 73737.
View a full list of services and support provided by IT Services.