The IT Services department aims to provide services and capabilities commensurate with a world leading University in order to support 'Vision 2015: A Strategy for Warwick.'
The Infrastructure Cabling strategy can be summarised as follows:
The infrastructure Cabling team is committed to the provision of a quality it infrastructure service dedicated to achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and value for the University by maximising end-user productivity.
The service is supported by the following key objectives that will be used as a roadmap for delivering the service strategy. Each objective brings together a group of processes, methods and activities to support the continual improvement of the service. These are reviewed annually to identify new activities necessary to continually improve the service.
- Work with the Infrastructure Cabling team service board, which represents both the service and the wider university community, to understand and negotiate customer requirements and priorities.
- Provide a courteous and professional manner with all aspects of providing and running the service.
- Ensure all service requests relating to the Infrastructure Cabling service are responded to in a timely manor.
- Provide a "fix it on the first visit" service to all faults and incidents relating to the Infrastructure Cabling service.
- Take responsibility for all service requests from conception to completion.
- Provide a work round when an incident cannot be immediately resolved.
- Identify opportunities to increase the accessibility to the service provided with close liaison with other departments both within the IT Services department and other departments within the university.
- Maintain close links and partnerships with 3rd party vendors and system manufacturers to ensure the latest deployment of materials and services are being provided.
IT Services is committed to providing an infrastructure service that meets all of the current standards and the needs of the university. Currently 90 to 95% of the installed infrastructure across the campus estates is category 6 or higher cabling, with the the remaining 5 to 10% being category 5 or higher. Each year IT Services look at the installed infrastructure and ways in which it can be improved. This includes the re-cabling of buildings and provision of new and up to date comunications rooms.