- Installation and commissioning of HP\3PAR V400 Storage Array
- University House DC to Argent Court DC migration
- Develop free storage offering
- School of Life Sciences Data migration to Windows File Store
- Design and implement new SAN infrastruture for Argent Court DC
- Decommission SUN\StorageTEK SAN
- Install SAN Fabric monitoring solution
- Upgrade SAN monitoring\reporting system
Develop new Bulk Filestore option
Description: Develop and implement new bulk filestore option to provide large filestores via either NCP, CIFS, NFS or AFP.
Service Improvement: Allow departments who do not wish to run their own host server to get access to large filestores via a choice of file share protocols.
Current Status: Completed
Install new Storage Network Switches in ITS, University House and CSC Data Centres
- Description: Purchase and install 4 additional Storage Network Switches into ITS, University House and CSC Data Centres.
- Service Improvement: Add storage network resilience for the new bulk storage service and extend its' reach to an additional site.
- Current Status: Completed
Extend performance storage (type 1) Storage area network product
- Description: Purchase and install a 3PAR InServ T800 array
- Service Improvement: Provide additional storage and mirroring capabilities for the Type 1 storage installation
- Current Status: Completed August 2010
Replace physical hardware on the CommCell and two Media Agent Servers
Description: Three of the servers that make-up the Backup infrastructure are reaching four years old and are therefore due for replacement
Service Improvement: Maintain server hardware in-line with ITS server replacement policy
Current Status: Completed April 2010
Upgrade CommVault Simpana from Version 7.0 to version 8.0
Description: Upgrade our current version 7.0 SP5 to Version 8.0
Service Improvement: This upgrade will build on the current version 7.0 features by providing potentional service offerings like Deduplication and Compliance
Current Status: Completed April 2010
Develop replacement for my.insite remote filestore access
Description: Develop new replacement for the My.Insite web based access to Standard Home Directories and Standard Departmental Shared Directories.
Service Improvement: Move service to currently support product with better functionality and ease of use for customers.
Current Status: Completed May 2010
Commission and deliver new performance storage (type 1) Storage area network product
- Description: Purchase and install a 3PAR InServ F400 array
- Service Improvement: Replace the high performance functions of the existing Storagetek SAN infrastructure, initially to assist in storage provision for the Server Virtualisation Project
- Current Status: Completed March 2010
Connect New Fabric link from ITS Data Centre to University House Data Centre
Allow storage/server connections across both main sites for the part of the storage network supporting the new Type 2 SAN storage
Upgrade Sun StorageTek Controller Firmwares from Versions 6.19.25 & 6.60.11 to version 6.60.22
Upgrade nodes 1 & 2 from current version 6.19.25 to version 6.60.22 and upgrade nodes 3 & 4 from current version 6.60.11 to version 6.60.22.
Purchase new hardware for replacing EOL Host Servers
To keep hardware running central services on supported equipment.
Commission and deliver new bulk storage (type 2) Storage area network product
This Service enhancement addresses a requirement identified by the Data Storage Service Board. A high capacity storage product was requested, with a shorter lead-time and a lower price than enterprise-level SAN hardware.
SYS0009 – Backup System Migration Project
The main benefits of this project are a more effectively managed system; that is reliable and will scale to support anticipated backup requirements for the next 3 years. This will enable ITS team to deliver a defined set of backup services to the University with a defined cost model.