What you need to do:
Once you are happy with your assessments on the Shared Repository (the Development Server), you need to send an email to email@example.com with the following details about your assessment in order to publish it onto the Production server which is where your students will have access to it:
- The name of the assessment you want to be published
- The date and time interval for which you want the assessment to be live for
- The name of the WebGroup to which they belong or the list of usernames of the students who you want to have access to the assessment
- The allowed number of attempts for students to take this assessment
Perception offers a variety of delivery options:
- The Internet
- Individual Windows machines
- Windows Networks
- Perception to Go for delivery offline
- Hard copy
For your information:
The Enterprise Manager software enables you to schedule individuals or groups to take assessments, send emails to participants, add and manage participants, organize participants into groups and manage privileges of participants and administrators.
For security reasons assessments can be scheduled to provide a limited window of opportunity to take a quiz, test or exam. Assessments can be scheduled for an individual, several specified individuals, a group, or several specified groups. When a participant logs in they can only see links to the assessments that they are scheduled for.
Administrative users can set the following attributes for a schedule:
- The date/time window for participants to access the assessment
- The number of times an assessment can be taken
- Whether the assessment requires monitoring (proctoring/invigilating)
Whether the assessment is to be taken online, or offline using Perception To Go
Monitoring assessments:When you indicate that an assessment requires monitoring, an administrative user verifies the participant’s identity and then enters their user name and password to allow the participant to proceed with the assessment. The monitor can then observe the candidate to ensure that the appropriate security measures are maintained to protect the validity of the test. Administrative user privileges can require the participant to log on from a test centre, which can provide additional confidence that a test will be administered within the correct environment.