The main focus of the ITIL Service Management team during 2012 has been to continue the development of the ServiceNow tool to support the Service Catalogue and to implement additional applications to underpin or assist the introduction of various new services.
We have also extended our involvement in the coordination of ITS related activity in support of annual University Events. There are now 16 such events which Service Management coordinate on behalf of the department.
What was delivered during 2012?
Telephone Management System
- Enables customers to request various standard Telephony offerings through the ServiceNow Service Catalogue.
- It has removed the dependency upon the legacy MIRKWOOD system.
PC Purchase Scheme
- Enables customers to check stock availability and order an emergency PC.
Work Area PC Database
- In conjunction with a work-area PC health-check tool, allows management of investigations into PCs reporting faults.
- Allow IT Services to measure Customer Satisfaction on how we handle Service Requests.
Integration of non-ITS IT Support teams within ServiceNow
- Library and SITS Application Management (ARO) teams set up to allow them to log their IT calls within the tool.
Service Requests Made Available through the ServiceNow Service Catalogue
- Network Switch Loan
- Application & Server Hosting
- Visitor wireless access
- Network Printer requests
- Advice on purchasing
- Install, connect and test a new printer
- Report faulty printerPrinter relocation
- Removal and disposal
- Access to printer or MFD
- MAC printing advice
- Wireless printing advice
- IT equipment Disposal
- Report fault with Audio Visual Equipment
- Webex Accounts
- Ask a Question
- Bulk Storage (Storage Now)
- TeamBuilder requests (due Dec 2012)
- Create/Delete/Grant access to siteRequest training