Important Service Announcements:
Please be aware there is a service upgrade scheduled on Tuesday 17th January between the times of 10:30 and 16:30. The service will be available, however the service should be considered at risk during this period. Please click here for more information on the announcement page to see how this may affect you.
The Universitys Acceptable User Policy
The University conforms to our service provider's acceptable use policy - In particular, the University will not permit the use of the VPN to unlawfully circumvent blocks on certain internet content in place in other countries as set out in the University Regulation governing use of University computing facilities.
The Warwick VPN service provides a secure method to connect to the University campus network from remote locations such as your home or other places. You can connect using a wired or wireless connection.
Currently there are two types of VPN service offered:
- The Campus VPN Service: is available to all staff and students with a valid University IT Services Single-Sign-On (SSO) username account. This method of access uses a (single factor authentication) process, which only requires users to enter their standard (SSO) username and password network access credentials.
- The Contrcator VPN service: is available to all contractors with a valid University IT Services 3rd-party account and a 2-Factor Token, who support defined University IT systems. This method of access uses a (dual factor or 2-Factor authentication) process, which is a hardened service with increased security.
- This service is also deployed to the ITS departement and other departements around the
What you’ll need before connecting
- A valid University IT Services Single-Sign-On (SSO) username account and password.
- An active Internet connection.
- A web browser, such as Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer: with either Active X or the Java Runtime Environment installed.
- Admin rights on your machine to install the Cisco AnyConnect Client.
Supported operating systems & system requirements
The Cisco AnyConnect Client is supported on the following platforms:
This service is free at the point of use.
This service is available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, apart for periods of non-availability required for planned maintenance. This service is unavailable to users of the ResNet service. Support for the service is available during standard support hours (8:30 - 17:30 Monday to Thursday, 8:30 - 16:30 Friday).