By default, your blog is protected by your own copyright, and nobody can republish your material without your explicit permission. By adding a Creative Commons licence to your blog, you're providing conditions whereby other people can use your work.
- Go to your Sidebar admin page by clicking the "Admin" link at the top right of your blog (whilst signed in) and then clicking on the Sidebar link to see a list of items on your sidebar.
- Click on the Copyright statement link from the "Add an item to your sidebar" box on the right-hand side.
- Select the type of licence you want. You can find more information about Creative Commons licences in What types of Creative Commons license are there?
- Modify any extra details.
For more information on what these fields mean, see How do I create a custom text or image sidebar item?
- Click Finish. Your sidebar item has now been created, and you can see it on your blog: