It's good practice to let visitors know when clicking a link will result in something other than opening a web page. For example, when a visitor clicks a link to a Word document or PowerPoint presentation they are prompted to open or save the file. Depending on the file size, the application involved and the person's internet connection, loading the file may be time-consuming. A file icon indicates what the visitor can expect before they click the link.
- Browse to the page where you want to add a file icon.
- Go to Edit > Edit centre content or Edit right content as appropriate.
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the icon.
- In the toolbar, select Link options… > Document icon.
Select the appropriate icon from the Insert icon window:
- When you have finished editing your page, select the Publish button at the top right.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem