A drop down menu will enable the person to make one choice from a number of options. It works in the same way as a radio button option, but hides the choices until the drop-down menu is activated.
- Go to the form page that you wish to edit.
- Select Edit > Edit formsbuilder page or Edit this form from the bottom of the form. A list of edit options will appear on the left hand side of the form.
Select the first option under the Allow the user to make a choice section - a drop-down list.
The Add/Edit a drop-down list editing screen will be displayed:
- Enter a Field name to be used in submission results. You will see this field is starred in red. This means this is a compulsory field and you will not be able to save the field until this is added. If the field name is self-explanatory, this can double as the label.
- Enter a Label for the text box visible to the user. Here you can provide detailed instructions for the user. If you leave the Label blank, then the Field name will be used.
- Add the first option to the Options field.
- Use the Add new item button to add all further options.
- If you wish the Label/instructions box to be on top, check this box. The default is that the label/instructions goes to the side.
- Select the Save button.
You will see that your new item has appeared on the form, along with a set of edit tool icons just to the left of the item. The cross allows for deleting an item, the up and down arrow keys will allow you to move each item up and down one field at a time, and the last icon allows you to edit the item directly without having to go back into the form editing section.
This is the published view for the user:
If you want to view the form, rather than add further elements, select the Done button, which is in the top right hand corner of the page.
Related help articles
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem