Google Analytics is a free service to collect and analyse data on how visitors use your website. This page describes how to add the Google Analytics tracking ID to your site properties in SiteBuilder. To do this, you need admin or edit permissions for your site's home page.
Note: If you are already using Google Analytics via Google Tag Manager, you should not add a separate Google Analytics tracking ID to your site properties. Otherwise, you'll find that data is recorded twice. Instead, just use the Google Tag Manager container ID in site properties.
- Go to analytics.google.com and sign in with your Google Account.
- Set up a property in Google Analytics and make a note of your tracking ID (it starts with UA-). If a property already exists, you can find the tracking ID in Google Analytics via Admin > Account > Property > Property Settings.
- Return to SiteBuilder and browse to any page on your website.
- Go to Edit > More > Current site tab. (You need edit or admin permissions for your home page to do this.)
- In the Manage site section, select Edit site properties.
Paste the tracking ID in the Google Analytics code box:
- Select the checkbox I have upgraded to Universal Analytics.
- Select the Save changes button.
The tracking ID is now added to every page on your website.
The tracking ID in site properties does not cascade to subsites. To see data in Google Analytics for your subsites, you have two options:
- Add the tracking ID to each subsite – data for all sites appears in a single reporting dashboard in Google Analytics.
- Create new tracking IDs for each subsite – data for each site appears in a separate reporting dashboard in Google Analytics.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem