To create a new group:
- Ensure you are signed in (from any SiteBuilder or Forum page).
- Go to the WebGroups site (http://webgroups.warwick.ac.uk).
You should see six tabs at the top of the page.
- To create a new group, click on the 'Create group' tab.
A new Create group editing page will appear which will look like this:
- Complete the 'Group name' field by entering a name for your group. It will automatically start with a two letter code for your department, such as 'in' for Information Services, followed by a hyphen.
See the full list of all the departmental codes. You can use hypens or underscores to separate words within the group name if you wish.
Note: changing the name of your group at a later date will require you to update all permissions on SiteBuilder pages, Blogs etc to reflect the new group name.
- Complete a description for the group.
- Add the members for your group using their IT Services username or their Library Card number. (You can also add existing WebGroups to a new WebGroup by using the group's code.)
- Add the owners of the group, again using their IT Services username or their Library card number.
- Click on the 'Create group' button to create the group.
- You should now see your group, under the 'My groups' tab. From here you can edit or delete the group and also see a list of group members.