IT Services currently use Kaspersky Workstation Anti-virus 5 for Windows on all standard IT Services manged PCs. The version of Kaspersky anti-virus in use requires an upgrade to maintain support and compatibility. When it is time for your department to receive the update you will see the following on your workstation.
- After the Warwick Tree (Novell Application Launcher) has loaded the setup process will start. The process will take approximately 10 minutes and requires minimal interaction. You will be informed that the new Kaspersky application is about to be installed. Please click "Begin installation".
(You will be prompted each time you log into your workstation if you cancel this until the software is installed)
- The application will install, which will take approximately 10 minutes.
- When the installation has completed you will be asked to restart your workstation. If you postpone the installation Kaspersky will continue to prompt you to reboot every few minutes. It is advisable to do this as soon as the installation has finished, as your workstation will not be fully protected until you reboot.
- After you have rebooted and logged on again you will see a message confirming Kaspersky has finished installing. You may receive a windows security warning asking if you wish to run "setup.exe". Click "Yes" and the below message box will appear.
- The installation is now complete. Click the "Close" button.
- After the installation has completed it is advisable to update Kaspersky. Click on the "K" icon in the notification area at the bottom right of your screen (next to the clock). Click the "Fix!" link at the top of the Kaspersky window.
- Click the "Update databases" option.
- You can continue to use your workstation whilst the update completes.