The aim of this session is to help staff in academic departments better understand the guidance in place for managing the process for Tier 4 students who request a period of authorised absence.
|Who is it for?
Staff in Academic Departments.
By the end of this session staff should:
- Understand the reasons why Authorised Absence guidance has been implemented
- Understand when Authorised Absence is appropriate and when not
- Understand the different purposes for which the Authorised Absence guidance may be applied
- Understand the minimum and maximum amounts of time permitted as Authorised Absence in 12 months
- Have reviewed some case studies of requests for Authorised Absence
- Have been given a useful example of how authorised absence may be recorded
- Understand the process of what should happen when a student returns from a period of Authorised Absence
- Have had an opportunity to ask any questions
Jacky Bibb (Compliance Officer), Marianne Davies (Head of Immigration Services) and Rachel Millichap (Senior Compliance Officer)
||Contact Jane Cooper, ext 24893, Learning and Development Centre
|Where & when?
Wednesday 27th February 2019
1pm - 2pm
CMR1.0, University House
Book a Place
Catering: Light refreshments on arrival
Would you like to update staff on your department's developments?
Do you have skills within your department which would benefit other staff?
To be added to the Window on Warwick mailing list please contact