So far you have identified your values, skills you have, skills you want to develop and opportunities beyond those of your present role. All this now needs to be brought together to create your Action Plan.
8-Step Action Plan Thinking
- Identify your overall goal
- Set SMART objectives (What are SMART Objectives?)
- Identifying the individual tasks and ordering them
- Understanding any challenges, barriers, and self-defeating tendencies
- Who can help?
- What resources do you need?
- What is a realistic timescale to achieve your goal?
- Review your progress