Take the time to explore how you can broaden your horizons. Consider how you could:
- Use your research skills in another university setting
- Transfer your research skills in another setting
- Use your subject knowledge and understanding outside of the research environment
- Use your transferrable skills (remember to consult the skills audit) beyond academia
For each opportunity:
- Do you have the required skills? - if not how can you develop these skills?
- Does it match your values?
- Will it motivate you?
"You need to be proactive in researching your opportunities. Talk to colleagues, subscribe to appropriate job websites and consult the careers advice service"