The general advice for successful interviews is still valid in cases of interviewing within the university.
However, you may like to bear in mind the following specific advice:
- Don't rest on your laurels or rely on your track record / relationship with the hiring manager
- Remember that you might be an unknown quantity to some panel members- don't assume that all internal panels know you
- Remember that you will need to provide evidence that you meet the person specification in the interview itself- don't rely on the fact that you have already provided the evidence in your application
- Be prepared to sell yourself as much as you would when applying to external organisations
- Remember that you will be expected to have a more thorough understanding of the organisation than external candidates
- Taking time to research the role will give you an excellent opportunity to network in advance