The scheme focuses on how the teacher has 'enhanced the student learning experience" and we ask nominators to consider how the postgraduate research student teacher or demonstrator has:
- motivated, inspired and engaged students
- created a supportive learning environment that recognises diverse student needs
The scheme is a two stage process and details are given below
Stage one nominations
- Nominations may be submitted by staff and students (see nomination by staff or students). Postgraduate Research Students who nominate colleagues should follow the staff nomination process.
Nominations must be received by 11:59pm on Wednesday 25 March.
- The nominations should be approximately 200 words
- Nominations can be submitted online, emailed to email@example.com or posted to WATE PGR nomination, LDC (1st Floor Senate House)
|A panel of judges (comprising staff representatives from each faculty, LDC, IATL and the Students' Union) will evaluate all stage one nominations and select 10 nominees to proceed to the final round. All nominees and nominators will be contacted at this point to be informed of the outcome.|
- Successful stage 1 nominees are asked to complete the Finalist Support Statement.
This should be approximately 1500 words and should address the criteria in more detail. You may wish to make reference to evidence such as student feedback and evaluations, student support materials and feedback from peer observations.
- The module, subject or course leader will need to provide a supporting statement of approximately 300 words
- Finalists deadline will be mid-May 2015.
- Statements should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to WATEPGR nomination, LDC
Winners and Commendees
- The five winners and five commendees will be notified of the panel's decision
- To promote the WATE PGR scheme and the individuals' profiles, winners and commendees will be asked for a short (approximately 250 words) statement outlining their teaching approaches. This can either be a written document or as a video interview and these will be added to the WATEPGR web pages and may be used in other publicity materials.
A reception will be held in the Autumn Term for all winners and commendees (and their guests). Nominators, module leaders and Heads of Departments will be invited to attend.