Skip to main content

Research Staff Profile - ERDI LELANDAIS Gülçin

gulcin.jpg  ERDI LELANDAIS Gülçin,
Marie Curie Fellow, Centre for Research in Ethnic Relations.
G.Lelandais@warwick.ac.uk 

Note: Erdi no longer works within the University

Current Research
I’m working on a project about identity and territory dimensions of social movements against public planning projects in Turkey. This project focuses on three minority communities (Kurds, Alevis and Romanis) who struggle for protecting their life space against public projects which envisage forced displacements.

Life before Warwick
I’ve done my graduate studies in International Relations at the University of Galatasaray in Istanbul. I obtained my PhD at the Ecole des hautes etudes en sciences social in Paris. I was lecturer between 2005-2007 at the Institut of Political Studies in Toulouse and then postdoctoral researcher at the University of Picardie Jules Verne.

Best things about working at Warwick
Huge facilities of the Campus. (Housing facilities, Art and Sport Center).

Worst thing about working for Warwick or If you could change one thing at Warwick, what would it be?
I would like to see more students in research seminars of departments. There is a lack of interest and not enough participation.

What would your dream job be?
A permanent researcher in a European University and work in European scale research project.

Research interest
Collective action, transnational social movements, and politics in Turkey.

What have been useful training/ development to date
IT Services training programme helped me to improve my computer skills. I participated also to academic writing, interview successful and project management workshop which were really instructive (LDC programmes/academic writing).

Other roles:
I participate to a collective research project about Climate migrants funded by French Ministry of Environment. I’ve also been referee for journals Cultures&Conflits, International Political Sociology, Research in Social Movements, Conflict and Change. I’ve been also supervisor for the master thesis of two students in France.

Latest acaemic writing publication (journal/book etc)
My book “Altermondialistes en Turquie. Entre le cosmopolitisme politique et ancrage militant” will be published next month in France.

Looking for?
Improving my skills in academic writing in English and research grant proposals.

Major achievement to date
My book and obtaining my Marie Curie Fellowship.

Three top tips / learning
Being helpful and listen the others. Being open to critics and to other research disciplines.