** PLEASE BE AWARE THIS WORKSHOP IS BEING VIDEOED **
This session discusses how to use your time and research efficiently for maximum publication output. The workshop is highly interactive, with writing exercises and reflection built into the materials, in order for participants to try out some of the writing strategies under discussion. The overall aim is to increase participants’ confidence in their writing, particularly in relation to maximising the effectiveness of more frequent, shorter periods of writing time in order to maintain a writing routine.
Who should attend?
University of Warwick Research Active Staff (staff on Research-focussed, teaching-focussed and Research and Teaching contracts).
LDC do not accept applications from postgraduates or research students. Students should refer to the Student Career and Skills website for details of workshops designed specifically to meet their needs.
Workshop enables Research Active Staff (RAS) to:
- To help participants understand their individual approach to the writing process and how to challenge themselves as writers.
- To discuss how to manage research writing in order to maximise their publication output.
- To use writing exercises to help participants develop their future writing strategy.
- To provide a forum for discussing writing strategies with colleagues.
- To develop an awareness of the different elements of good writing practice.
- To offer takeaway strategies for increasing the efficiency of participants’ writing time.
Feedback and quotes from previous 'Academic Writing: Being a Prolific Writer' workshops:
Feedback from the January 2018 cohort, including responses from LDC
Rochelle Sibley, Convenor of the Writing Centre, English Department
Writing for Impact
Thursday 14 February 2019, AC01 - Argent Court, 09.00 - 15.00*
Raising your Article Quality
Thursday 2 May 2019, Wolfson 3 The Research Exchange 3rd Floor The Library, 09.00 - 15.00*
Academic Writing Retreat 'Bootcamp'
Thursday 14 and Friday 15 March 2019
Thursday 4 and Friday 5 July 2019
Both days AC02/03 Argent Court, 09.00 - 17.00
Thursday 31 January 2019
09-30 - 15.00
(Refreshments will be available from 09.00, lunch will be provided.
NB: Delegates have the option to continue until 16.00 - giving the opportunity to either network with the other delegates or continue working.
AC.03 - Argent Court
Convenor of Writing Centre, English Department
Learning and Development Advisor for RAS, LDC
Administrative Assistant, LDC