JSPS London Pre/Postdoctoral Fellowship (Short Term) 2nd/Final Call for FY2015
We have now opened a call for the 2nd/ final call for FY2015 for our Short Term Pre/Postdoctoral Fellowships.
JSPS London Pre/Postdoctoral Fellowship for Foreign Researchers (Short Term) Application Deadline: Monday, 1 June 2015 Fellowships must start between 1 November 2015 to 31 March 2016.
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) is the leading research funding agency in Japan, established by the Japanese Government for the purpose of contributing to the advancement of science. Our Pre/Postdoctoral Fellowship for Foreign Researchers (Short Term) provides the opportunity for researchers based outside of Japan to conduct collaborative research activities with leading research groups at Japanese Universities and Research Institutions for visits of between 1 to 12 months. Eligible applicants need to be either within 2 years of finishing their PhD at the time of applying to start their fellowship in Japan or have obtained their PhD after 2 April 2009. Eligible research fields are not limited.
Please visit the JSPS London website here for further information:
Case studies including former JSPS Fellows who have taken part in this programme can be found here:
Information for Research Staff, see http://vitae.ac.uk/researchers/1269/Research-staff.html
Vitae Courses http://www.vitae.ac.uk/courses
Every year Vitae runs a national programme of courses and events which are funded by Research Councils. However, the new contract from January 2013 does not include central funding of places on GRADschools or other courses. For more information about the courses on offer please follow the link above.
The Midlands Research Staff Association
We are working hard to support all research staff in the Midlands to build a community of researchers who can support you regardless of where your next contract takes you. We will be there to offer a community of like-minded colleagues to talk and network with. Every member of the Midlands RSA is committed to actively engage in their own personal and professional development. If you:
- utilize social networking tools to share information
- want to be part of a supportive community you can access regardless of your location in the Midlands
- enjoy communicating online
- have an interest in career development, employment rights, equality and diversity, research ethics, funding, impact, or researcher mobility
- feel passionately about an issue that affects research staff and is not listed above
- have a brilliant idea that must see the light of day
- enjoy networking
- are interested in research policy or
- have taken the time to read every item on this list
then there is a place for you as a member of the Midlands RSA. Membership is free and you can join today.
If you would like to join us please join our Linkedin group
The Midlands Research Staff Association has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/UKRSAMidlands?ref=stream
We are also on Twitter @MidlandsHub and we have a blog www.vitaemidhub.wordpress.com
Other Vitae resources include:
- A dedicated researchers' portal with information, news and opportunities - www.vitae.ac.uk/researchers
- Labour market and careers information, including surveys and research www.vitae.ac.uk/lmi
- Resources on managing a career within or outside academia www.vitae.ac.uk/careers
- Career stories and statistics on employment destinations www.vitae.ac.uk/wdrd
- Researcher booklets on creativity, work-life balance, public engagement, information literacy, leadership and career management www.vitae.ac.uk/researcherbooklets
- RDF Planner, online app for managing your career
EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion - http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/
This website is a joint initiative of the European Commission and the countries participating in the European Union's Framework Programme for Research.
EURAXESS is a one-stop shop for researchers seeking to advance their careers and personal development by moving to other countries. In addition to the information on training and jobs, this electronic gateway is the entry point to a wealth of practical information on living, working and relaxing in the European countries involved.
News Portal for Universities Worldwide. www.universitiesnews.com
New CV Search service for academics, science and research professionals
jobs.ac.uk, the leading international job board for careers in academic, research, science and related professions has announced the launch of a new CV Search service. This new service enables job seekers to create enhanced online profiles allowing recruiters to find the best talent.
See the press release for full details.
UK Council for Graduate Education - http://www.ukcge.ac.uk/events/