Because nominees for the National Teaching Fellowship Scheme NTFS will usually be selected from winners of the Warwick Awards for Teaching Excellence the awards have been redesigned to form a foundation for application for the NTFS.
The awards are organised in two stages
Stage One Nominations
- Nominations can be submitted by both students and staff. In some instances staff may wish to nominate themselves for the award
- Once you have identified someone you believe fulfils the nomination criteria, complete the nomination form (word | pdf) ensuring that you follow the guidance which is provided in the form.
- Ensure that the form is signed by the Head of Department. If you are a student you may need to ask the person you are nominating to do this.
- Return the form to The Centre for Academic and Professional Development either electronically firstname.lastname@example.org or through the internal mail by 15th February 2007
- Once the panel of judges has evaluated the nominations they will inform the finalists and announce the short list by 5th March 2007
Stage Two Finalists
- Once you have been informed that you have succeeded in your nomination you should complete the Finalist Supporting Statements form (word | pdf), ensuring that you follow the guidance provided.
- Your supporting statement should be no more than 3000 words and should address the criteria for finalists
- Ensure that you have a supporting statement from students. (In the case of support staff, it may not be appropriate to seek student support)
- Ask your Head of Department to provide a supporting statement of no more than 750 words
- Return the form to The Centre for Academic and Professional Development either electronically email@example.com or through the internal mail by 30th April 2007
The winners will be notified of the panel’s decision, and the announcements will be made by 22nd June 2007
For Stage Two Finalists