The Academic Development Centre offers a range of opportunities for continuing professional development for staff who teach or support learning:
- The Academic Development Programme is a series of workshops focused on issues in teaching and learning. The Programme offers content for staff at every stage of their career. Workshops cover core concepts in teaching and learning, advanced/innovative teaching techniques, curriculum design, and more.
- The Academic and Professional Pathways (APPs) offer routes to accreditation by the Higher Education Academy, supported by taught sessions, workshops or mentoring. Which pathway is best for you will depend on your career stage, experience and responsibilities, and each pathway has eligibility requirements which are explained on the pages for the individual pathways (APP TE, APP EXP, APP PGR and APP TEL).
The Learning and Development Centre, based in University House, provides further development opportunities:
Click the links in the table below to see a summary of the content of each workshop.
Resources from previous workshops
Academic Development Moodle Space
Information for Staff on
- Introduction to Research Supervision
- Introduction to Research at Warwick
- Role of the Personal Tutor
are now part of the APPTE pathway and are no longer available as separate workshops. If you need to attend one or more of these as part of your probation and are NOT taking part in the APPTE please contact appte at warwick dot ac dot uk for the next available dates.
Upcoming T&L Events
Looking for further support to enhance your teaching practice?
If you would like to know more about our teaching practice support provision, if you can't find what you are looking for, or simply to discuss teaching and learning ideas, please contact the LDC team on: firstname.lastname@example.org