The LDC offers a range of opportunities for continuing professional development:
- The Academic Development Programme is a series of workshops focused on issues in teaching and learning. The Programme offers content for staff at every stage of their career. Workshops cover core concepts in teaching and learning, advanced/innovative teaching techniques, curriculum design, and more.
- The Academic and Professional Pathways (APPs) offer routes to accreditation by the Higher Education Academy, supported by taught sessions, workshops or mentorship. Which pathway is best for you will depend on your career stage, experience and responsibilities, and each pathway has eligibility requirements which are explained on the pages for the individual pathways (APP TE, APP EXP, APP PGR and APP TEL).
- Opportunities and resources for Research Active Staff, including academic writing support and information on funding opportunities.
- Resources and opportunities relating to personal development, which includes self-directed learning resources; and academic leadership
Click the links in the table below to see a summary of the content of each workshop.
Term 1 (2018/2019)
|Risky Classrooms||Mon, 15th Oct 2018||10.00 - 12.00||Teaching Grid (Collaborative Area)|
|Exploring Interdisciplinarity Case Studies||Wed, 31st Oct 2018||14.00 - 16.30||Social Sciences S0.09|
|Beyond Survival: Becoming an Active Lab Demonstrator||Wed, 31st Oct 2018||9.00 - 12.00||Gibbet Hill - GLT4|
|Students as film makers: Embedding skills development into assessment design||Thur, 15th Nov 2018||12.00 - 14.30||Teaching Grid (Collaborative Area)|
|Anil Awesti on the 'Politics of Brexit’ course||Mon, 19th Nov 2018||14.00 - 15.30||Teaching Grid (Collaborative Area)|
|Implementing active learning and authentic assessment in your teaching||Thu, 22nd Nov 2018||14:30 - 16:00||MB0.08|
|Internationalisation in Practice||Wed, 28th Nov 2018||14:00-16:00||Oculus OC0.05|
|Reflective Practice for the lovers of the passive voice||Mon, 3rd Dec 2018||14:00 - 16:00||Teaching Grid (Collaborative Area)|
|Beyond Survival: Becoming an Active Lab Demonstrator||Wed, 5th Dec 2018||13.00 - 16.00||Oculus OC0.05|
Term 2 (2018/2019)
|Your Teaching Philosophy||Wed 23rd Jan 2019||14:00 - 16:00||Oculus OC0.05|
|Student as Researcher||Wed 6th Feb 2019||13:00 - 15:00||Oculus OC0.05|
|Facilitating Problem/Case-based Learning: an Introduction||Wed 13th Feb 2019||14:00 - 16:30||Oculus OC0.05|
|Effective and Efficient Feedback||
Wed 27th Feb 2019
|14:00 - 16:00||Oculus OC0.05|
Wed 6th March 2019,
Thurs 7th March 2019
11:00-13:00 - FULL
13:00-15:00 - FULL
Humanities building, H4.22/H4.24
Humanities building, H1.07
Humanities building, H4.22/H4.24
|Lecturing with an iPad||
Wed 13th March 2019
|14:00 - 15:30||Oculus OC0.05|
|Teaching with Uncertainty||Wed 3rd April 2019, tbc||tbc||tbc|
|Effective and Efficient Feedback||Wed 24th April 2019||15:00 - 17:00||tbc|
|Warwick in Context||tbc||tbc||tbc|
|Case-Based Learning (more information soon)||14th May 2019||Afternoon||Teaching Grid (Collaborative Area)|
|Tech Takedown: apps for interactive learning and teaching||4th June 2019||tbc||tbc|
|What Does it Mean to Teach Ethics?
part one: theory and practice
|Wed 26th June 2019||13:00 - 15:00||OC0.05|
Resources from previous workshops
Academic Development Moodle Space
Information for Staff on
- Introduction to Research Supervision
- Introduction to Research at Warwick
- Role of the Personal Tutor
are now part of the APPTE pathway and are no longer available as separate workshops. If you need to attend one or more of these as part of your probation and are NOT taking part in the APPTE please contact appte at warwick dot ac dot uk for the next available dates.
Upcoming T&L Events
Looking for further support to enhance your teaching practice?
If you would like to know more about our teaching practice support provision, if you can't find what you are looking for, or simply to discuss teaching and learning ideas, please contact the LDC team on: firstname.lastname@example.org