The annual Teaching and Learning Showcase provides a forum for the exchange of good practice across the University, as well as offering staff and students the opportunity to reflect more broadly on teaching and learning strategies, explore new approaches and ideas, and share experiences.
The theme for this year's Teaching and Learning Showcase is 'Teaching without borders' and proposals should address one of these three topics:
1. Internationalisation – Do you have experiences of working with students overseas or you studying abroad and would like to share your experiences? Have you got experience of using technology to create new models of international collaboration that you could share? Or you may have something completely different you wish to talk about, we are waiting to hear your suggestions.
2. Interdisciplinarity – Presentations/ posters on this topic are welcomed from anyone (staff and students) involved in interdisciplinary modules and/or joint honours degrees or working on a interdisciplinary project related to teaching and learning. This is an opportunity to share your experiences, thoughts and ideas about how these are working and help identify the key next steps.
3. Student Collaboration – Increasingly teaching and learning opportunities are developed through extremely effective staff/student collaborations. This topic invites staff and students to share experiences of students as researchers/ collaborators and/or leaders in teaching and learning.
What do you need to do?
Decide if you would like to offer a presentation or a poster for the showcase and send your proposal to email@example.com by Friday 14th March.
• Presentations are approx. 40 minutes in total - this includes approximately 20 minutes presentation and 20 minutes for activities, discussion and Q&A.
• If you want to present on 24 June we need the title and a description (500 words max.) of what you wish to showcase and why it will be of interest to colleagues.
• Posters should be A1 and can be presented in either landscape or portrait. We also have several spaces for digital posters if you would rather create something interactive.
• Whichever format you choose you should be available on the day to talk to colleagues about your poster and answer any questions.
• If you are planning on producing a poster we require information on what you would like to present – please send us a title, short description and let us know the format of your poster (hardcopy, digital, landscape or portrait).
Submit your proposals to:
Email tls at warwick dot ac dot uk
Deadline: 5pm, 14th March