Stay safe at Warwick
The University is committed to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our students and staff, and we have been closely following the advice of the Government and World Health Organisation in relation to COVID-19. See University latest advice and guidance for staff, students and prospective students.
Please be assured that all changes to Library services have taken strict safety measures into account, and it is our absolute priority that the Library community are kept safe!
We strongly encourage you to:
- Wear a face covering over mouth and nose when moving around in crowded and enclosed spaces
- Wash your hands regularly and use sanitisers provided
- Keep windows open to maximise ventilation
- Respect others personal space and preferences
Useful information and services
- Extended loan periods and fine amnesty loan periods - Currently, we’ve automatically extended all loan periods and invoked a fines amnesty
- Get it For Me - A free service available to all current Warwick Staff and Students which enables us to:
- send Warwick Library books to you in the post
- provide individuals with a scanned copy of one chapter of a monograph, or one article per issue of a journal
- obtain items not held in Warwick stock from other libraries (we cannot post books from other libraries so these need to be collected in person)
- Learn and teach remotely - Check out our guidance on how the Library supports you to learn and teach remotely
Freepost returns - all current Warwick staff and students in the UK can post books back to us, free of charge, using our freepost returns service - Clicksit Collect+ freepost service
- This service is for all staff and students, and for returns from the UK only.
How to return your books
- Please carefully package any University of Warwick Library items into one parcel. We are unable to cover the costs of the packaging, just the postage cost
- Email library at warwick dot ac dot ukfor access to the freepost portal
- Use the portal to generate a one-off label or QR code
- Drop off the parcel at your nearest Collect+ point. These can be found by checking the store locator
- When we receive the items we will process these and clear the items from your account
Here is some information to help you pack your parcel(s):
- Weight up to 10kgs per parcel
- Maximum dimension: 60cm x 50cm x 50cm
- If you have a lot of books you are welcome to send them in multiple parcels
We appreciate you may not have scales to guide you in packing your books so the following info may help: a pile of 7 paperback and hardback books weighs around 5kg. So depending on size and the packing materials you have available you may be able to fit up to 10 books in a single parcel.
- If you need to send your books in multiple parcels please enter your email address more than once to the portal to download different labels to attach to each of your parcels.
- If you have any issues with the service, including the service rejecting the size or weight of the parcel, please contact library at warwick dot ac dot uk
- E-resources - There are a significant number of e-resources available electronically
- Library online courses - Have you checked out the Library’s range of free online courses to support your time at Warwick?
- Library Online Lounge -Take part in virtual events, connect with other students, and discover new resources all in one place
- Assistive Software from home - see our guidance
- RNIB Bookshare - Students with a print disability are able to access RNIB Bookshare , an online catalogue of educational texts in accessible formats. Eligibility includes visual impairment, autism, AD(H)D, dyslexia, dyspraxia or a physical disability which affects the use of print material
- What’s on (online) - We’re still delivering a range of virtual events for our Library Community. Check out the What’s on calendar to get involved
- Social media channels - Stay connected, and follow our social media channels for news, useful information, and some general fun!
- Online enquiry channels remain open:
- General Library enquiries: library at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Academic Services: academicsupport at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Modern Record Centre: archives at warwick dot ac dot uk
- WRAP publications: publications at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Study space availability: - Locate free study spaces in our Library buildings and also across campus. The live updates will help you plan your visit
- Accessible Study Rooms - Bookable rooms in the main Library, and PG Hub (for PG students) are open to students registered with Disability Services
- Click & Collect - All current staff and students can order up to 10 print books using our using our Click & Collect service via an online form, and then pick up their items from the collection point in Short Loan (as a reserved item) every day during Library opening hours
- Proxy Borrowing service - the Proxy Borrowing service allows another student at Warwick to borrow/collect books on your behalf at the Helpdesk
- What’s on - We deliver a range of virtual events for our Library Community. Check out our What’s on calendar to get involved
- Datastream and Eikon - are available throughout Library opening hours. Sessions must be booked in advance
- The Modern Records Centre: Check the MRC website for opening details