The University is committed to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our students and staff, and we have been closely following the advice of the Government and World Health Organisation in relation to COVID-19. See University latest advice and guidance for staff, students and prospective students.
The Library team have been working hard to deliver and improve our online provision, as well as managing our physical services and spaces in line with Covid-19 developments. Please be assured that all changes to Library services have taken strict safety measures into account, and it is our absolute priority that the Library community are kept safe!
Thank you for your patience and understanding so far.
As things are changing rapidly, we will be keeping you up to date with what’s happening at the Library in relation to Covid-19 below. See what has happened to date, and find out what plans are coming up.
What’s happening right now
We are pleased to announce that more Library spaces are opening their doors for term 1. Please note that the spaces and their opening times have changed from previous years due to Covid-19, and you are advised to check study spaces 2020 for more information.
The print collection in the main Library is now available for you to browse and borrow. Please respect social distancing in the book aisles and follow measures that are in place.
We appreciate that Library study spaces are in high demand. We also realise that our reduced capacity for seating may present challenges. We have therefore developed a desk booking system for a number of desks across several spaces to assist you. Learning Grid Leamington is the first space where you can book study space.
Click & Collect
This service ended on 25 September, due to the main Library building re-opening, and physical access to book stock being re-instated.
We understand that access to Library spaces for study and physical resources is key. Opening hours, study space provision, and access requirements are continually under review with safety a main priority. Any changes to the current provision will be posted here.
The print collection in the main Library will be available for you to browse and borrow in the usual way. Please respect social distancing in the book aisles and follow measures that are in place.
Learning Grid 2 will re-open soon.
The MRC will soon be opening its doors!
- The Library website remains available, providing information, access to resources and help
- Access to our wide collection of e-resources remains, and many publishers made additional e-resources available
- Some Library staff are back on site supporting the physical services. Others continue to work remotely from home, to support learners, teachers and researchers remotely
- Online enquiry channels remain open:
- General Library enquiries: library at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Academic Services: academicsupport at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Modern Record Centre: archives at warwick dot ac dot uk
- WRAP publications: publications at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Loan periods are currently automatically extended and a fines amnesty has been invoked given challenges with book returns
- Document supply for print materials is unavailable, however many many electronic document supply services nationally and internationally are still running, enabling us to borrow and supply their e-resources to you. Contact dsmail at warwick dot ac dot uk for more information
- Please note that responses to this service may be slower than usual, and we cannot guarantee that every request will be satisfied, as we are reliant on other institutions being able to supply material to via Article Reach to us, and they may also be impacted by COVID-19
- Guidance for using Assistive Software from home has been provided
- You can return your books to the bin when the Library is closed. A returns bin is positioned near the entrance of the main Library
- The Postgraduate Community Engagement Team is running online versions of three of its weekly events
- The main Library building reopened on Monday 28 September 2020 after being closed since Sunday 22 March 2020 to due to lockdown
- Learning Grid University House was the first of our Library spaces to re-open on 17 August 2020, after being closed since Sunday 22 March 2020 due to lockdown
- Learning Grid Rootes was the second of our Library spaces to re-open on midday 1 September due to lockdown
- Click & Collect ended on 25 September 2020. The service was introduced on 27 July 2020 to enable current staff and students to order and collect print books whilst the main Library was closed
Stay safe at WarwickSee University latest advice and guidance for staff, students and prospective students.
We hope our Library re-start information is helpful, but if you have any questions at all, please get in touch: library at warwick dot ac dot uk, and we’ll be happy to help.
You can also keep up to date with developments via social media or our news updates.
- Using the Library to learn and teach remotely
- Study spaces 2020
- Library online e-resources
- Assistive software