The University is committed to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our students and staff, and we have been closely following the advice of the Government and World Health Organisation in relation to COVID-19. See University latest advice and guidance for staff, students and prospective students.
The Library team have been working hard to deliver and improve our online provision, as well as managing our physical services and spaces in line with Covid-19 developments. Please be assured that all changes to Library services have taken strict safety measures into account, and it is our absolute priority that the Library community are kept safe!
Thank you for your patience and understanding so far.
What’s happening right now
- Learning Grids University House and Leamington Town Hall remain unavailable
- If it is essential you come onto main campus to use our study spaces for individual study we have limited spaces in:
- PG Hub, Junction – available for postgraduate students
Open: 09:00 - 22:00 Monday - Sunday
- BioMed Grid – available for Medical School and Life Sciences students
Open: 08:00 - 22:00 Monday - Friday
10:00 – 18:00 Saturday - Sunday
- Rootes Grid - open – available for undergraduates and other current students and staff members of the University
Open: 08:00 - 22:00 Monday to Sunday
- PG Hub, Junction – available for postgraduate students
- There is currently no access to the Modern Records Centre, please visit the MRC website for latest updates
- All those using these spaces must strictly abide by safe working/sanitising practices
To access Library resources we are offering:
- An enhanced Click & Collect service for pre-ordered items, available Monday – Sunday
- Free Postal Loans service (UK only) and Scan & Deliver service, freely available to all students
- The usual wealth of e-resources
The University of Warwick is providing a freepost service to enable the return of books if you have left the University and were unable to return your books due to the COVID-19 Library closure. This option is still available to students based in the UK who have finished their course at the University. All items posted back using the Clicksit Collect+ freepost service will be free of charge.
- This service is for all students and UK only returns
How to return your books
- Please carefully package any University of Warwick Library items into one parcel. We are unable to cover the costs of the packaging, just the postage cost
- Email library at warwick dot ac dot uk for access to the freepost portal
- Use the portal to generate a one-off label or QR code
- Drop off the parcel at your nearest Collect+ point. These can be found by checking the store locator
- When we receive the items we will process these and clear the items from your account, along with any fines accrued since March 2020
Here is some information to help you pack your parcel(s):
- Weight up to 10kgs per parcel
- Maximum dimension: 60cm x 50cm x 50cm
- If you have a lot of books you are welcome to send them in multiple parcels
We appreciate you may not have scales to guide you in packing your books so the following info may help: a pile of 7 paperback and hardback books weighs around 5kg. So depending on size and the packing materials you have available you may be able to fit up to 10 books in a single parcel.
- If you need to send your books in multiple parcels please enter your email address more than once to the portal to download different labels to attach to each of your parcels.
- If you have any issues with the service, including the service rejecting the size or weight of the parcel, please contact library at warwick dot ac dot uk
The Library’s programme of virtual events will continue to run as usual – check the What’s On calendar for details.
These services are available to University of Warwick students and staff. Other members of the Library are welcome to contact the Library enquiries service - library at warwick dot ac dot uk, and we will see if and how we can assist.
Covid compliance and study spaces
PG Hub, Junction, Biomed Grid & Rootes Grid are only available for:
Independent study only
The safety of Library staff and users is our highest priority.
If you wish to use this facility you MUST abide by the following University safety measures:
Wear a mask – unless an exemption applies
You may eat & drink in this facility BUT you MUST minimise the time you are not wearing a mask.
Maintain 2m+ social distancing at all times
Use the sanitisers and wipes provided to minimise transmission from hands and surfaces
For more information, please see: Stay Safe at Warwick.
Unless exempt, if you do not comply with Covid behaviour rules you are not welcome in Library space:
- Your identity will be taken and reported for disciplinary purposes
- You will be required to leave
- You may be banned from further use of Library space
- The Library website remains available, providing information, access to resources and help
- Access to our wide collection of e-resources remains
- Some Library staff are back on site supporting the physical services. Others continue to work remotely from home, to support learners, teachers and researchers remotely
- Online enquiry channels remain open:
- General Library enquiries: library at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Academic Services: academicsupport at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Modern Record Centre: archives at warwick dot ac dot uk
- WRAP publications: publications at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Loan periods are currently automatically extended and a fines amnesty has been invoked given challenges with book returns
- Guidance for using Assistive Software from home has been provided
- The Postgraduate Community Engagement Team is running online versions of three of its weekly events
- Our Library's online community space - Library Online Lounge (LOL!) was launched for students to take part in virtual events, connect with other students, and discover new resources.
Stay safe at WarwickSee University latest advice and guidance for staff, students and prospective students.
Remember, as well as Library spaces, there are other study spaces across campus you can use. To help you find them, we’ve developed space availability, which lists the different spaces and provides up-to-date information on how busy they are. We advise you check this to help you plan your destination on campus.
Please contact us if you have any questions: library at warwick dot ac dot uk, and we’ll be happy to help.
You can also keep up to date with developments via social media or our news updates.