The Study Happy Team supports students wanting to make the most of their time at the University of Warwick. We organise social, cultural and wellbeing-focused events in study spaces, and help you get in touch with expert services on campus.
Our sessions are designed to help you:
Improve your wellbeing
- Being active is key to staying healthy and feeling well
- You can try the different pop-up sports Warwick Sport Team bring and take part in deskercise sessions to improve your posture and energy levels. A great skill to have during long study sessions!
- Regular mindfulness practice improves physical and mental wellbeing. In the weekly sessions, you can try different meditation techniques, and learn ways of managing stress and developing resilience
- If you are not able to attend the sessions, you can always access the guided practices in Mindful Library, our free online resource
- Research shows that companion animals like dogs help reduce anxiety and boost positive feelings. Book a free ticket for Pets as Therapy visit and test this yourself!
Connect with others
It's the people that make our Study Happy events so special
- Whether you are coming with friends or would like to meet new people, there are plenty of opportunities to chat with other students and discover your shared interests
- Regular sessions like Library Language Exchange and our sports and arts events on Friday afternoons are a great place to start
- Study Happy Ambassadors help us run events and are always happy to share their student experience
- With so much going on campus, it can be difficult to navigate all the services available. We try to help by bringing different teams to our weekly Kirby Corner to share the information on the support they offer, answer any questions you have and give out some freebies
- Expressing yourself through art is not only fun but also develops your cognitive, social, emotional and sensory-motor skills
- Last year, Creative Chillout was the birthplace of many fantastic pieces and following your feedback and suggestions, we will be running these sessions every two weeks
- If music is your art of choice, our Ukulele workshop is the event to try. This tiny instrument is great for all ability levels and incredibly fun to play!
- For creative ways to approach your academic assignments and presentations, check our video-making and presentation technologies workshops. These are hands-on sessions designed to introduce you to iMovie, Prezi and Sway and support you with using visuals more effectively
Celebrate cultural events
- Every year we celebrate holidays like Christmas, Lunar New Year, and Halloween. It is a great way to spread the festive spirit in the Library and to learn about different traditions from all over the world
- Library Language Exchange is a great chance to learn about other languages and cultures and share yours with other students. We offer biscuits and hot drinks to fuel the conversation
- We are looking to expanding our programme so get in touch if you have an idea for an event we could organise
You can contact us on Facebook or email:
lib-ugcommunity at warwick dot ac dot uk.