Learning Grid Rootes provides a space for you to study collaboratively or individually on campus. Rootes also hosts cultural events and Study Happy wellbeing events.
There are currently five Grids, four for students: Learning Grid Rootes, The Learning Grid in University House, Learning Grid Leamington, BioMed Grid and a fifth for teaching staff: The Teaching Grid.
Learning Grid Rootes
Learning Grid Rootes
The University of Warwick
Who is it for
Card access for all members of the University. Bookable rooms for undergraduates and taught postgraduates.
What is it for
Close to SU, bus interchange, and many of the halls of residence, Learning Grid Rootes is a study space in one of the busiest parts of campus. There are individual study zones, group work rooms, and regular Study Happy events
- Entrance and exit is by University card only
If you have forgotten your University card, you may print a temporary pass available at the day reference pass kiosk by the entrance to the Main Library. There are no pass printing facilities at Rootes and this pass will not provide access to any space besides the Main Library and Learning Grid Rootes
- The entrance is also suitable for anyone with mobility issues
- There is no parking by Rootes. Please see University car parking information
For rules, regulations and space information, see Which Grid to use?
Using the space
Please behave responsibly by abiding by our Code of Conduct.
Rootes has 2 bookable group study rooms, 1 room for a group of up to 10 people and 1 for a group of up to 14 people.
Please note: Rooms are bookable for terms 1 and 2.
Group study rooms are also available in the Learning Grid University House.
- Plasma screens
- Kyocera printers
Please note the following to ensure fair access to these rooms:
- You will be given a PIN when you book a room in advance. Please bring this PIN with you and let your group know the PIN if you are ill or likely to be delayed to allow them to enter the room
- Undergraduate and taught masters students can book these rooms
- A single booking can be no more than 2 hours
- If a booking is not taken up within 30 minutes of the start time, it may be given to someone else
- No bookings more than 14 days in advance
- 2 bookings in any month per person of which no more than:
- 1 booking per day and no more than 2 bookings in any week per person
- Block bookings over 4 hours by 1 group will be removed
- Rooms should not be used for individual study – bookings for individual study will be removed
Calendar plus Book a room
Library Services are open online, even though our buildings are closed for access. Find out about our plans to re-start Library services.
The Library Facilities Team are responsible for the day to day running of all Library spaces, and can help you with your enquiries, referring you to appropriate teams as required. Contact us: library at warwick dot ac dot uk