Learning Grid University House comprises two study zones, Learning Grid 1 (LG1) and Learning Grid 2 (LG2), both offering flexible and informal spaces for group or individual study. Look out for our Community Engagement Team who regularly host ‘Study Happy’ wellbeing events within the space.
LG1 in University House will be temporarily closed for study from Monday 13 August until Sunday 19 August inclusive. This is to accommodate staff needing to relocate during office refurbishments. LG1 will return to Library use on Monday 20 August from 9am.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please note: LG2 is open as normal. If you require items from the book collection, please request from the Facilities Supervisor at the Welcome Desk in LG1 (Mon-Fri 12:00 - 17:00, Sat-Sun 13.00 - 18.00).
Kirby Corner Road,
The University of Warwick
Who is it for
Card access for all members of the University.
What is it for
We encourage collaborative study in the form of discussions, brainstorming, and presentation activities.
- Entrance and exit is by University card only. (Please note: temporary Library passes will not be accepted in LG1 but will work in LG2)
- The ground floor entrances are accessible for anyone with mobility issues
- There is an accessible entrance on the first floor of LG1. To use this door, please ask for your card to be updated at the University House reception. If you have any further queries, contact Disability Services
- Students may not use the cark park by University House. Please see the University car parking information
For rules, regulations and space information, see Which Grid to use ?
Using the space
Please be considerate of others and follow the rules below about use of the space.
- Hot and cold drinks
- Cold food
- Talking is permitted, although we do ask you to be considerate of your fellow students in the individual study areas
- Hot food
- Kettles, heaters or microwaves
- Live streaming or linking game consoles
Ground floor and first floor.
- Plasma screens
- Reference books
- Kyocera printers
Learning Grid 2, just off the cafe in University House, has two bookable group study/presentation rooms. These can be used to practise and work on upcoming presentations and carry out group work. They both feature the following:
- Group study room 1 and 2 – presentation screen with audio to which you can connect your own device
- Please note: we are awaiting a PC in each of the rooms so currently you must bring your own device
- Seating for 12 people
Please note the following to ensure fair access to these rooms:
- You will be given a PIN when you book a room in advance. Please bring this PIN with you and let your group know the PIN if you are ill or likely to be delayed to allow them to enter the room
- Undergraduate and taught masters students can book these rooms
- A single booking can be no more than 2 hours
- If a booking is not taken up within 30 minutes of the start time, it may be given to someone else
- No bookings more than 14 days in advance
- 1 booking per day and no more than
- 2 bookings in any week per person
- 1 booking per day and no more than
- Block bookings over 4 hours by 1 group will be removed
- Rooms should not be used for individual study – bookings for individual study will be removed
Calendar plus Book a room
Clock Opening times
Closed Christmas Day.
The Library Facilities Team are responsible for the day to day running of all Library spaces, and can help you with your enquiries, referring you to appropriate teams as required. Contact us: library at warwick dot ac dot uk.
In addition to Learning Grid University House, the Library also provides three alternative grids for students: Learning Grid Rootes, Learning Grid Leamington, BioMed Grid and a fourth grid for teaching staff: The Teaching Grid.