The Teaching Grid is a flexible space on Floor 2 of the Main Library that provides opportunities for experimentation and innovation in teaching methods.
Bookings are available to everyone who teaches at Warwick, including teaching staff, GTAs, and trainee teachers.
Please remember: Making a booking request does not guarantee a booking until you have confirmation from us.
The purpose of The Teaching Grid is to facilitate the development of teaching at the University. As such, we ask that bookings meet the following criteria:
|Customer||Terms 1 and 2||Term 3||Vacations|
|Teachers (i.e. Graduate Teaching Assistants and Academics)||Can request bookings for teaching sessions that are part of an undergraduate module||Can request bookings for teaching sessions that are part of an undergraduate module||Can request bookings for teaching sessions that are part of an undergraduate module|
|Can request bookings for teaching and learning related workshops and training events.1||Can request bookings for teaching and learning related workshops and training events.2|
||Can request bookings for teaching and learning related sessions, within agreed limits.||Unavailable||Can request bookings for teaching and learning related workshops and training events.|
|Other university staff||Can request bookings for teaching and learning related workshops and training events.1||Can request bookings for teaching and learning related workshops and training events.2|
- 1: Happening within the next five working days
- 2: Bookings cannot be made more than one term in advance. i.e.:
- Christmas vacation: bookings taken from the start of summer vacation
- Easter vacation: bookings taken from the start of Christmas vacation
- Summer vacation: bookings taken from the start of Easter vacation
The space’s practical capacity depends on the room layout you choose and the activities you are doing. The below figures are a rough guide:
|Seated in rows||68|
You are encouraged to keep windows open for airflow, where it is possible, safe and secure — even in cold weather.
Planning your event
If you are running a formal event in the spaces:
- Please note your Covid-19 mitigations in your risk assessment — you can use the University’s overarching risk assessment. You do not need to share these with the Library, but please get in touch with us if you have any questions — teachinggrid at warwick dot ac dot uk
- You should also think about the type of activity you’re organising, as lively activities will have more significant risks and need more consideration than events requiring attendees to remain seated
- Warwick Food and Drink will deliver to events through the usual booking process
Monday 02 Jan - Sunday 29 Jan 2023
Monday to Friday, 09:00–16:00
- Standard presentation podium with document visualiser and wireless microphones
- 7 projectors
- A range of flexible furniture
- Curtains for dividing the space
- A range of portable technology
- Power sockets
- The Teaching Grid is restricted by card access. Please check in advance that your card access is working, and if there are any problems, please email us at teachinggrid at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Please leave at least 30 minutes between your booking and existing bookings to allow us to tidy the room and set it up before you arrive. We may require longer changeover times depending on setup requirements for both bookings
- The session leader must supervise students or visitors attending a session at all times while in the space
- Teaching Grid staff do not accept responsibility for removing or transferring data from our devices. Our devices are routinely formatted to remove any saved files.
Contact the Community Engagement team to talk about how you can use the space: teachinggrid at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Discover how others have used technology and space to explore new teaching methods through our Window on Teaching database.