Flexible spaces for teaching and connecting
- Engage your students by changing the scenery
- Flexible furniture to design the space around your activities
- Flexible technology to augment, modify, and redefine teaching & learning
- Rooms that allow Open-space Learning
- Facilitate group work, performance, or student-led teaching & learning
- Engage students’ bodies and minds
- Book for teaching, or teaching community events
We currently have two flexible spaces you can book — the Experimental Teaching Space and the Collaboration Area. Not sure which space is suitable for you? Get in touch: library at warwick dot ac dot uk
The Experimental Teaching Space Is equipped with 7 projectors — 6 of which have Solstice Pods — and the Collaboration Area has one projector which is equipped with a Solstice Pod. Both spaces also have access to our collection of technologies.
Individual training is available on Teaching Grid technologies to help you make best use of them.
Please note: Teaching Grid staff do not accept responsibility for removing or transferring any data from our devices. Our devices are routinely formatted to remove any saved files.
The purpose of the Teaching Grid is to facilitate the development of teaching and co-creation at the University, and as such we ask that sessions meet the following criteria:
Academics can book for sessions that will involve students as learners or partners and are either:
- First time use of the spaces
- Developmental to their teaching
- Using equipment or resources not available elsewhere in the University
- In less than a week’s time and are teaching and learning related
- Academic Development Centre
- Academic Technology Team
- Warwick International Higher Education Academy
Our teaching partners can book the space for sessions that are teaching and learning related, within agreed limits.
Other university staff
During terms 1 and 2
Non-academic members of the University can book the space for sessions that are teaching and learning related workshops and training events happening within the next 5 working days.
During term 3 & vacations
Non-academic members of the University can book the space for teaching and learning related workshops and training events. Bookings cannot be made more than one term in advance, i.e.:
- Christmas vacation: bookings taken from start of summer vacation
- Easter vacation: bookings taken from start of Christmas vacation
- Term 3: bookings taken from start of term 2
- Summer vacation: bookings taken from start of Easter vacation
Please remember: making a booking request does not guarantee you a booking until you have had confirmation from us.
Green = Collaboration Area
Blue = Experimental Teaching Space
Pink = Both spaces
Yellow = Equipment loan
If a booking is colour coded in green or blue then it means only one of the spaces is booked, and the other space may still be available for booking. If you are unsure whether the space is available, please email teachinggrid at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Submit a booking request
Runs from Tuesday, June 23 to Friday, October 02.
Submit a booking request
Bookable times are:
Term Time - Mon-Fri: 09:00-19:00 (self-service 16:00-19:00)
Vacation - Mon-Fri: 10:00-16:00 (self-service)
If you would like to book outside of these times or if you require support during a self-service time please let us know and we will look into possibilities.
Please leave at least 30 minutes between your booking and existing bookings. This will allow us to have the room tidy and setup when you arrive. Longer changeover times may be required depending on setup requirements for both bookings.
Maximum room capacity
Experimental Teaching Space
- 7 projectors
- 60 - cabaret
- 68 - seated in rows
- 82 - without furniture
- 1 projector
- 20 - cabaret
- 30 - in rows
- 30 - without furniture
- 80 - cabaret
- 98 - in rows
- 112 - without furniture
The furniture is flexible and comfortable capacity will depend on your activity.
Please note: The Teaching Grid is restricted by card access for all those who teach at Warwick. Please check in advance that your card access is working and if there are any problems, please email us at teachinggrid at warwick dot ac dot uk.
If our areas are already booked, you may want to try the facilities offered by IATL, or the The Ramphal Building. All venues have flexible teaching spaces available for innovative teaching use. To discuss your event needs, please contact the Centres directly.