Warwick is a member of a number of schemes which allow you to access other university libraries. The main scheme is SCONUL Access.
Note: under these schemes, you will not be able to access the electronic resources provided by those libraries.
This scheme generally enables University staff, postgraduate students and part-time undergraduates to obtain borrowing rights at other univerity libraries. Full time undergraduates may use these libraries for reference only. Please note: You must follow the regulations of any library you choose to join.
Yes, although borrowing rights will vary between individual libraries.
If the institution you are visiting provides 'Visited' eduroam wireless access you should be able to connect to this as a Warwick customer. For more information can be found at Warwick IT Services.
- Go to the SCONUL Access website
- Select your customer type; home institution and the institution you wish to use and apply for access
- Complete and submit the application form. Please note that by filling in this form and submitting it to your home library, you are applying to join SCONUL Access. You do not need to make multiple applications
- You will receive an e-mail accepting your application providing your library account shows no overdue items or outstanding charges. Print the acceptance e-mail and take it with your staff/student card to the institution you wish to join
- Please check the institution's website before making the journey to ensure there are no access restrictions in place or if any further identification is required
You need to contact the British Library in advance to discuss your visit. You will need to provide proof of your signature and address, together with your Warwick Library card.
If you want to visit any other library, you should contact them in advance to see if they allow visitors.