This session discusses how to use your time and research efficiently for maximum publication output. The workshop is highly interactive, with writing exercises and reflection built into the materials, in order for participants to try out some of the writing strategies under discussion.
The overall aim is to increase participants’ confidence and creativity in their writing, particularly in relation to maximising the effectiveness of more frequent, shorter periods of writing time in order to maintain a writing routine and creative thinking to support writing practice.
Who should attend?
University of Warwick Research Active Staff (staff on Research-focused, Teaching-focused and Research and Teaching contracts).
Leadership and Management Development do not accept applications from PGRs. PGRs should refer to the Research Development at the Doctoral College.
Workshop enables participants to:
- Understand their individual approach to the writing process and how to challenge themselves as writers.
- Discuss how to manage research writing in order to maximise their publication output and use writing exercises to help participants develop their future writing strategy.
- Participate in a forum for discussing writing strategies with colleagues.
- Develop an awareness of the different elements of good writing practice.
- Take away strategies for increasing the efficiency of their writing time and think more creatively to enhance their writing style.
- Provide strategies for generating ideas about their research writing and developing these into working articles.
- Separate the thinking and writing processes so that time can be utilised more efficiently.
- An opportunity to be immersed in a creative writing environment and explore their own creative processes.
Participants are asked to:
- Complete the writing questionnaire and bring their responses with them.
- Bring a piece of writing to work on. This can be something they haven’t begun or have already started. It could be a publication, conference paper or research grant.
- Ahead of the session, participants should consider how creative approaches can help support their writing and complete the Starburst Template.
- As they will be working on their writing ‘in-session’, they should also bring with them a laptop or notebook to facilitate this.
To be informed when new dates are released please sign up to our Mailing List