||Dates, venues and booking
Who is it for?
This workshop is appropriate for people who line manage others, particularly new managers, and may also be appropriate for those taking the role of Reviewer in supporting Personal Development Review (PDR) conversations.
- The importance and benefits of holding regular conversations about development and performance with staff
- Five levels of listening and how listening is an essential part of having effective conversations
- Different types of questions and using questions to improve the effectiveness of conversations with your staff
- Feedback as an essential skill in conversations with your staff
- Practical application to develop your feedback skills
- The importance of development planning
- Different development activities and how these can support motivating your staff
- Action planning to improve your skills and approach
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify the skills required to hold effective conversations with your staff
- Identify the importance of listening skills
- Use different types of questions to give feedback, motivate and help develop your staff
- Use different feedback models to plan and deliver your feedback
- Identify different types of development activities and consider development activities appropriate to your staff
- Plan your approach to having effective, regular conversations with your staff
Who will benefit from this workshop?
Managers and Personal Development Reviewers, particularly those who are new to management and/or holding PDR conversations.
People who want to:
- Develop and motivate their staff
- Get more from their regular conversations with members of their team
- Improve the way they give feedback
- Be more confident conducting PDR conversations
- Develop their line management skills
Is there anything else I need to know?
Participants are required to complete the following pre-work:
- Read the document on ‘Effective Feedback’, which LDC will send out as part of the joining instructions, and bring this with you to the workshop
- Review the online PDR Guidance for New Reviewers
Anna Chapman and/or Natalie King
If you are interested in attending a future session, please complete your details on the Mailing List form. We will then contact you as soon as the next date is announced.
Any questions please contact: