Read Network Legacy Reports
Impact Report 2016/17 - expected October 2017
4 year Research Active Staff Network Funding Review Impact Report - Oct. 16
Research Staff Network Funding 2014-15
SummaryResearch Staff Funding 2013-14
Network Legacy Report 2012-13
- Funding is available to Departments and Faculties wishing to set up or maintain an existing research active staff network.
- The funding period & period for activity ends on 31 July 2018
- Please note applications will be considered on a first come first served basis throughout the funding period, until the fund has been allocated.
- Applications will generally be considered up to a limit of £1,000. However, a discretionary limit of £2,000 can be applied for if innovative activity is planned for a large network of research active staff but the activity needs to be for research active staff.
- Applications may be made by Research or Academic staff or those who are working for or with research active staff. However, the activity needs to be primarily for research active staff.
- The audience for any activity or event must be research active staff (i.e. Research, Academic or Teaching terms and conditions).
Applicants should be:
- University of Warwick employees at the time of application, during the time of the event and for a sufficient length of time afterwards to complete the final report (Application Form part B) to share best practice
- Able to demonstrate opportunities for collaborations/interdisciplinary work/impact and career development as a result of funding
- Able to show/measure the planned impact of the activity/event
- Able to use the funding by 31 July 2018 (funding is NOT transferrable to the following year).
- Have the support of your Head of Department/equivalent.
You will need to:
- Outline your planned objectives and activity in your application (Application Form, Part A)
- Explain how you can / will collaborate with other research staff networks
- Share information when events are taking place. LDC would encourage you to set up a network page for this purpose on our Networks site. Support can be provided to maintain this.
- Attend the Research Staff Forum meeting, arranged by LDC once a term to share practice and ideas
- Let LDC know the details about the event(s) taking place with dates, details and venue etc.
- Produce a final report (Application Form Part B)
- Outline how you plan to show best practice / your learning. eg: case study for LDC Research Active Staff
- Consider how you can find match funding. Match funding/other funding support is encouraged
- Please remember that this funding is not for external conference attendance/presentation or training course
Once you have sent your application form for funding (hard copy or by email) for the attention of Sandy Sparks at email@example.com in the Learning and Development Centre, we will:
- Contact you, usually within a week, to let you know if the application meets the criteria for funding and if so how much the fund can offer you
- If the application cannot be funded, then we will explain why
- If the application can be funded, we will send you and your Head of Department and Administrater a copy of the confirmation letter of funding
- Let you know how to access the funds. Please speak to your Department Administrator to let them know to discuss how to access the funding. The money is not transferred but a cost code is provided against which to allocate your costs.
- Please keep a record of the finances spent, this will need to be included in the final report (Application Form - Part B)
- Request feedback within two weeks of the activity/event, in order to share learning and best practice with other research staff
- You are welcome to contact Sandra.Sparks@warwick.ac.uk initially to discuss your idea and if it meets the requirements for funding
- For administration queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org