Good management of research data is vital. I can also save you considerable time and effort later in your research project.
- How much data would you lose if your laptop was stolen?
- What data should you encrypy?
- Would anyone understand your data collection if your shared it with them?
- What will happen to your data at the end of the project?
The need for good Research Date Management (RDM) has been highlighted by all major funding bodies. This session will describe essential data practices, help you plan your RDM strategies and highlight where help is available.
Workshop enables delegates to:
By the end of the session attendees will:
- gain an understanding of RMD considerations through the research data lifecycle.
- learn about the creation of Data Management Plans for research projects
- discover where to find help
Vitae Development Framework:
Knowledge and intellectual abilities: A1
Personal effectivemess: B1
Research governance and Organisation: C1
Any pre-work for this workshop will be emailed to delegates
Heather Lawler, Research Data Officer, The Library
Thursday 23 January 2020
10.00 - 11.30
Library Training Room, Floor 2, The Library
Research Data Officer
Administrative Assistant, Organisational Development,